Sunday, May 26, 2013

How to pray?


I have a dear friend ask me how she should pray, what, when, something powerful, real, comforting, something that she knew would work...I was immediately humbled that she would even ask me something that was that important to her, dare I say vital to her. My help, my answer to her was simple, yet true. The answer I gave may not have been what she wanted or expected, but non-the-less I gave her what I believe is biblical truth. And what was my answer? Pray from your heart, be bold, be blunt, lay it all out before Him knowing He hears His child's cries... Charles Spurgeon put it this way; 

"A true prayer is an inventory of needs, a catalog of necessities, an exposure of secret wounds, a revelation of hidden poverty." 

We all know that OK needs help, we can see gaping open wounds, yet have no idea of the secret hidden pains, and true poverty is literally at what's left of their doorsteps. Let us as brothers and sisters join in prayer, in word and deed...

No comments:

Post a Comment