Sunday, January 6, 2013

Am I praying right?

I've been asked at times, not how to pray, but if what someone was praying was the right thing. It struck me odd the first time it happened, and I found myself having to check biblically before I gave a reply. My reply was and is...but I came across a quote that as I was reading that summed my answer up best;

"If we are to pray aright, perhaps it is quite necessary that we pray contrary to our ...own heart. Not what we want to pray is important, but what God wants us to pray. The richness of the Word of God ought to determine our prayer, not the poverty of our heart."

I hope this is easy to understand, and maybe you already knew this, but if you're anything like me, the application is where and when I struggle, praying Gods will, and not just My want.

No comments:

Post a Comment