Sunday, January 27, 2013

George Mueller

"I believe God answers prayer
Answers always, everywhere;
I may cast my anxious care,
Burdens I could never bear,
On the God who hearth prayer.
Never need my soul despair
Since He bids me boldly date
To the secret place repair,
There to prove He answers prayer." George Mueller

... I've never said that extra biblical helps aren't "good", or that reading other encouraging things is wrong. This is all the more true when you discover a beautiful book, rooted and grounded on Gods goodness. If you've never heard of George Mueller he was a great man of prayer. I love this poem that he wrote, moreover that you can practically see his heart in each and every line.

I pray that this poem encourages you to spend time with God, and his word, not to get something out of it, but just to bask in His goodness...

No comments:

Post a Comment