Sunday, January 20, 2013

Love and marriage

"The Puritan ethic of marriage was first to look not for a partner whom you do love passionately at this moment but rather for one whom you can love steadily as your best friend for life, then to proceed with God's help to do just that."

Let me just say that I don't agree with everything that the Puritans said or stood for (the majority, yes) but I did find this to be Biblically accurate and tr...ue. If I had more time or space I would list all scripture that this is founded on, and I would only add that passionately loving someone is NOT wrong. Husbands love your wife passionately! Wives, love your husbands passionately! To the unmarried, Lord willing when the time and person comes along, love them passionately when you are married!

I do thank God everyday for my wife whom I try to love passionately everyday! And I pray that God helps me. That He loves her through me as I strive to love her more and more. That is my prayer for you also.

No comments:

Post a Comment