Sunday, February 24, 2013

Best life now?!

What if I was to say that you may not have your best life now, but I made the clear distinction between what I believe the bible declares is the best life for us Christians, and what the world says it should be for them. Then both you and I could see and decide where our hearts desire actually lines up with and is propelling is towards. Here could be our first series of questions about "What do ...you want?" Do you want to know more God intimately, personally? or do you want to know about God and all that He might do for you?" Now these may seem like simple questions but if you, like me, read them carefully, there is something added to the latter question that redirects the focus off of Him and back to you. More often then I would like to admit I've been guilty of this, and also I have heard others portray this mentality, and it goes a little something like this"God can do this...He will do that, God does not want you to be..." I am not saying that God shouldn't or doesn't do things for us, but that shouldn't be the focus of our lives, of why we strive to get to know Him. Our best lives or going to be the ones spent with Him, praising Him, just being in His presence, and now because of His son we actually have access to His throne, to have an audience with Him...Is there anything better? The money, cars, clothes, trying to be successful? Let me know God and I will have my best life now and for forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment