Sunday, February 17, 2013

Test it, please

On the belief that some of you are going to "church" this morning let me encourage you when you are done to take whatever you heard no matter how good it sounded, or I it rubbed you the wrong way, that you, if you're by yourself or with your friends or family, that you: study it, test it, find out everything you can, and if it does in fact line up with the word of God, pray and ask God to enlighte...n your heart as to how you should apply it and share it with others. But what if it does not line up? Do you leave that congregation? I can't answer that, I can only ask more prying questions. How bad is the error in the message? Is this the first time, or you know that this is a constant? Biblically either way, stay or go, if you have a personal relationship with Christ you are apart of "the church", not just a "church" or place where people meet. I do 100% believe in fellowshipping with others, but I do not believe we should stay in an environment that does not teach and preach soundly, only because of good music, our friends go there, etc. as Pastor David Jeremiah says "there are no turnstiles in heaven, you go in alone, or leave alone, it's is all based on the fact; Does He know you, and you Him?"

This may sound strong but since its Facebook I guess I can be, as my friend kris would say, "Facebook bold", and I know this is a long read also, but was it worth it? I hope so, if just for one person, it is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment