Sunday, February 3, 2013

Philippians 4:8-9

After reading what my dear friend David said that he was studying, I must first thank Him for bringing back that which I had learned but too soon left buried now under anxiety and fear, but no longer, thank you my friend.

He mentioned that... he was reading Philippians 4:8-9. I encourage you to read this also, yet it is the end of verse 9 that struck me as so relevant to what I am experiencing currently. "And the peace of God will be with you." When you read verse 8 and 9 up until this point you may think that this is just about "positive thinking" but that couldn't be farther from the truth, or at least that is only half way accurate. It is to think AND practice such "things" Godly attributes and characteristics found in His word as displayed by Christ.

Have you ever heard the cliche "the more you know the more you grow"? It really should be "the more you know and apply, the more you grow in Christ (grace and truth)".

To my friends and family that are encouraging my family and me, thank you sincerely. Sorry for this long post, but I hope it helps someone that may be going through something, anything, and they need the peace of God to be with them, or at least to remember and know again. Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment