Sunday, April 14, 2013

Consider your calling...you weren't wise

In the letter that Paul wrote to the Corinthians he makes a wonderful statement that I take to heart, being inspired by the Holy Spirit he writes this;

"For consider your calling, brothers: not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth."

At first glance this is almost insulting, but upon further inspection and reflection, being taken in context it is a highly encouraging and comforting statement. How you ask? Simple, how many times do we feel like we don't know what to say? Moreover, we don't feel qualified or educated enough? I know I have! But read it again, see what Paul says? Kept in context, read the proceeding verse and the ones following...God will guide us, give us the words to say, His word, and His word is the wisest, best words you can ever say, so don't worry about your qualifications, if you're a child of God you'll know what to say and how!

I hope this helps you as much as it is helping me. I have updated lovethelordchurch.blogspot.com with a of last weeks posts. Sorry this particular post was so long, but I pray it helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment