Sunday, April 7, 2013

My first scripture

The first scripture I can remember memorizing was "God has not given me a spirit of fear, but one of power, love, and a sound mind". It was memorized for the simple fact that I had been having nightmares so bad that it had been weeks since I could actually sleep at night. So when I told my mom she said immediately "let's see what God says about this". Here's the deal though,have I had other nigh...tmares? Yes sporadically, but I now go back and stand on what I know is true, what I've found in scripture, His word. Moreover, now that I'm unshakeable in that area of "bad dreams", when I'm lead, asked, or questioned, I am able to help others with the measure that I have been helped...long story short, "God has not given you a spirit of fear, but one of power, love, and a sound mind" so what are you afraid of? You now know the answer, and the promise behind it...you can have a fearless day.

No comments:

Post a Comment