Sunday, April 14, 2013

What if?, even if!

If you have been reading these posts for any amount if time, or check lovethelordchurch.blogspot.com you will often find that I play the "what if..." game. "What if this", or "what if that". Well tonight I would like to propose a different... type of question, or game if you will, and that is the "even if..." question, and it goes like this; will you love God and be faithful to Him, even if...things don't always go your way? Even if it seems at times that the works is against you? Even if you lose your job? Even if you lose a friend? A loved one?

I have been reading a book by RC Sproul called the holiness of God, and coupled with reading my bible I forced to ask myself those very same questions. Now I can't answer them for you, but I hope that you would stay strong even is all seems wrong. God does love you if you are His child, that's a biblical truth. Yet there will be times when you faith, your peace, your very life as you know it will be tested, and the question in soul will cry out "Why?!" And you will be left with the dilemma "will I love you even if..." It is my hope and prayer, that although this is a long post that you read it and prayerfully consider your relationship with God, do you have a hope? Have you built your foundation upon the Rock? Will you love The Lord your God with all your mind,heart, and soul...

No comments:

Post a Comment