Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Hope in Death

I prayed all day as to what I would say to the man that laid his wife to rest. Do I say nothing? Do I say I'm sorry? What? As I approached him, what sprung from my heart was this "To love so strong, to have lasted so long, I am so thankful to have gotten to share in your lives, even now. She is in heaven, yes, but also always in our hearts forever". I would think that today, perhaps even for a lo...
ng time, this will all be a blur to him. I can't imagine the loss, but I can, and do experience the love he had with his wife, as what I have with mine, and although part of me hurts deeply for him, part of me is amazed that God would allow us to feel so deeply for one another...even in her passing her life reminds us of how to give and receive love. I attribute this all to God. I am sorry this is so long, but I had to share. I hope and pray this helps you as much as it does me. There is hope and comfort, even peace during death knowing that love has conquered the grave, in through Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment