Sunday, August 26, 2012

Remember what He has already done for you

As I was reading yesterday I cane upon an interesting bible passage in psalms 9:9-10.

9 The LORD is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.
10 And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O LORD, have not forsaken those who seek you

This brought me so much joy for a couple of reasons, and I pray that it does the same for you. First, He says He is my stronghold when I am oppressed and when I am in a time of trouble. That in and of itself can bring you joy if you focus on that, but that wasn't the part that got me. 
 
What captured my heart and mind was in verse ten He says that He has not forsaken...that is a way of bringing up the past times that I had sought Him  and He was there as my "safe place" if you will, my "stronghold". 
 
Can you, like me ever look back and think of a time when we really sought out the Lord and He had not forsaken you? I know I can! Oh how soon we forget the goodness of God, His faithfulness when we are not. Oh how I pray that I would be more faithful to Him, that I would not be so fickle in my remembrance. "
 
He has not forsaken those who seek (Him)". I pray that whatever you may be going through, that you remember, that you proclaim, that you give thanks to our Lord, for He has not forsaken you, seek Him out...but you must seek Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment