Sunday, August 26, 2012

Story of the preacher and the $10 soul

I read a story of a man that came up to a preacher and said "I don't believe in this God stuff" to which the pastor replied "I didn't ask you to, but I than will ask you a favor" the man huffed with disgust and said "what do you want from me?". The preacher, being blunt and kurt said " promise me you will never pray again. If you promise me this now, I will give you 10 dollars for wasting your time.". The man smirked and said "deal!". But as the man went home thinking how and why a preacher would ask that of him, he became more and more distraught. "what if", kept lingering in his mind, like a sliver to his soul. When he finally got home he asked his wife what she thought, to which her reply was, "sounds like you sold your soul for 10 dollars". The man the next day after a sleepless night sought out the preacher and begged him to take he money back, to which the preacher humbly replied, " this issue was never the money keeping you from prayer, you may keep it, but you now know the desperation of the hopelessness without God, would you like to pray with me now?". If you have read this far I am sure you know how the story ends, but I wrote all of that to say this; if you believe in God and love Him, prayer at times is all you may have, so pray. If you don't believe on God, what if I made the same deal with you? Would you really risk it...I pray you won't, that you don't, that you do pray, pray tonight, pray to God, He is here and He is not silent...message me if you ever have questions, need help, want prayer

No comments:

Post a Comment