Monday, August 20, 2012

Religion or Relationship?

This will be my harshest comment yet, but I write it with my heart hoping to divide correctly, to draw a line if you will, for you whoever may be reading this. My comment is this "some of you have just enough religion to make yourself miserable." You know enough, or have experienced what you deem is enough hard ache and pain, you have had promises made, promises broken, you truly believe there is a God, and yet you can't be happy in that knowledge. My heart aches for you, it truly does, it aches because I too have had those struggles, I myself have taken part in the inconsistencies of professing one thing, but living another. "yes" you say, "exactly", what then is the answer? What could I say or do to give you an adequate answer? I have been praying and studying and this is what I find to be true, if I do not push forward, strive, struggle, forgive those that have misinformed, misguided, even myself, it will all be in vain. I know in my heart, I have a longing, an unexplainable yearning for God, his presence, his essence. His love an grace keep pointing to Him, to His glory and this I know, I can not deny it, I may at times fight it, be God is real, He is worth seeking out, and He can be known by you. If I do not tell you about Him, about His love, about His grace, and about His mercy, than yes, keep being miserable knowing just enough, but to find Him for yourself, abba, father...Joy, happiness, peace all the fruit of the Spirit(Galatians 5:22). My friends, family, anyone that may read this, don't lose hope, if you know, feel, desire to fill what you are looking for, He says to ask, knock, search, and there you will find Him. I know this is probably my longest post yet and for that I am sorry, but I must, I have no choice, I want to reach out and help as many as I can, hopefully point the way as best that I can. Hear my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment