Monday, August 20, 2012

What do you really want?

I have yet to hear of a persons dying wish to be that their son or daughter only to be rich, or be healthy, no, I do hear how they wished that they would be happy, that they would have spent more time with their family, asking forgiveness for not loving them enough, not telling them enough, not telling them more. This is a harsh reality that I fear many learn too late. We spend so much time tryi...
ng to attain wealth, things, maintaining our health, our looks and do so at the expense of a greater good, at the expense of not sharing Gods love with others. We don't enjoy our God given life meant to share with others, and instead waste it on that which we try to enjoy but can't take with us. Those adore mentioned things are not bad in and of themselves, but to devote your lives to the pursuit of them, like I said before at the expense of a greater gift...this is hard for me personally and also highly encouraging, it helps refocus, stay focused. If I can't put done my work and play with my kids, if I can't stop working out to talk to my friends and family, what good will it do me to gain the whole world and lose my soul, those things which I feel passionately about an profess to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment