Sunday, November 4, 2012

A challenge to you and I

I hope this challenges you this morning to consider what you are hearing, and what you are doing. Jesus said "Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock." Previously he mentions several things dealing with the internal and eternal man, and how out of the man (or woman) we would know someone, and how more specifically He would know us. Most people "hear" a sermon, but did you hear Him through that sermon? Or did you just get some candy that made you happy? Too harsh? The next point He makes is "and do them" I've heard too many say the old cliche "God knows my heart" your right! And it's by what you hear and do from your heart that He knows you. We can't afford anymore to be superficial (carnal) Christians (which I don't believe is possible or even biblical) rather we should hear and do. If you are not hearing how can you possibly do (His will)? And if you are hearing, are you doing His will? My final point, it does not say "heard". We should be in the constant present state, positionally, relationally hearing. Yes go on what you know, but continue to hear and do. I know this was long, but after much prayer an study I felt it time for myself to be more bold, for our good and His glory. I pray that you have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment