Sunday, November 4, 2012

Last impressions

A realization I've come to is that if I post a strictly biblical passages there are only a few "likes", if any. While on the other hand, if I post just a "feel good" quote, there are upwards of 10-15 "likes". More interesting still is that if I post a "hardship/sad" quote I can have upwards of 15-20 "likes". After much prayer this is what I believe is true; the bible unless explained to some is very hard to relate to, but leaves the longest lasting impact. The "feel good" quotes are easily relatable, but make little to no lasting impact. Thirdly, the "sad" quotes, hit the hardest and the broadest, but lay somewhere in between I'm their lasting impression. What we fail to see is that in all 3 types of posts God and His word are the foundation and only hope of redemption, relief, and revelation. Get in the word and study, pray, fellowship with other brothers and sisters, and finally praise Him for His goodness and faithfulness in all your situations. Whether biblical truths discovered or revealed, in encouragement, or in your deepest of sorrows, His word stays the same, his word remains true. I encourage you to read 2 Timothy 1:7

No comments:

Post a Comment