Thursday, November 8, 2012

"Now" Romans 15:13

"Now may the God of hope..."

The first of my focus was on the simple word "Now" and all that it implied, and implies, and will imply.  Stay with me.

Paul as it seems is encouraging those Roman Christians (and us), and he begins by stating, that this is a present state, condition, a word, and instruction for "Now".

Remember ALL scripture is God breathed and God inspired, so it is not Paul telling this of his own accord, but God speaking through him to them(and us).

With that being said, we then can see that if it is a "Now" statement, it would not be relevant to go back past, nor look forward into the future, but rather deal with the issue at hand right "Now".  So what is the issue at hand?

HOPE.

"Now may the God of hope..."

But before we get to the subject of "hope" which I believe we all need, we can not over look the sovereignty of GOD.  He is the one, the only one that "may" give us "hope", hence the statement "the God of hope". 

The question then becomes, "Will He give you hope?"  I mean if He "may", will He?  The simple answer is "yes", in fact He, by the power of His spirit, because of what His son did, He gave it to us right "Now".  Hope is yours, right "Now" for the taking, if you will.

If I may be so bold, you and I, everyone is looking for "hope" but not just any "hope" will do, we want and need long lasting, sustainable "hope", and that my friends, family, is the "hope" that only Jesus Christ can and has provided...right "Now". 

Of course there is a catch, (if you can call it that)
You must be His, and He must be yours.  I speak of accepting Him as Lord and savior, but also then by His spirit, growing closer to Him, and seeking Him with all your mind body and soul.

My prayer for you and I tonight is that whomever may read this, will test this, truly prayerfully consider the words I have so humbly tried to convey.  That God has quickened your spirit unto His, has enlightened your heart, that there is "an itch you can't scratch", that during this reading you have felt Him move upon your heart.  It is my deepest, most sincere hope that you go back and read this as much as possible, share it if need be, but that above all else it has drawn you closer, and the hope of Christ taken new meaning, or stronger conviction in your life, this I pray, Amen.

I will continue this at a later date, I pray it has blessed you as it has me.

No comments:

Post a Comment