Sunday, December 30, 2012

Ask according to HIS will

"14 And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. 15 And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him." That is probably one of the most abused passages of scripture I hear and read about today...yes I know it's early, and this isn't starting off like a positive post but ...stay with me. The key word or words in this teaching is "according to HIS will". There have been many a time, and still now when I ask something in confidence, but to be brutally honest I dot really know if it was in line with his will. Might I suggest to you, as it was pointed out to me, "if your prayers aren't getting answered, that maybe you should check to see if it lines up with his word." I also believe if you can't find it for yourself in the word, you might need to start there. Again this may sound very discouraging but stop and think about it, what would happen if you could and would always pray according to his will? It, what ever you prayed for would happen! Get in your word, get to know his will, and grow closer to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment