Sunday, December 16, 2012

Stop and Think

This next quote may seem like an attack but I pray you take it as a challenge, and it is this; "Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard, solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think." The bible is adamant about asking us as Christians, as children of God to think, to test everything we hear, everything. I have been and hopefully won't be again blissfully ignorant willfully unfortunate of taking words from teachers, pastors, preachers and the like without ever testing what they said. This is not a "knock" on them, for I would like to believe that they were always doing their best, as I am now, but only Gods word is perfect in its presentation and application. I implore you and I to take everything we read, hear, even do and test/prove it with the word of God. Be encouraged! This is a call to godliness and holiness, let us answer as real men and women of God, proving our faith. P.s. thank you all who continue to encourage me through your love and support ( love you Danielle, family and friends)

No comments:

Post a Comment