Tuesday, December 25, 2012

This is for our friend

I don't find it odd that when a great friend of mine, a cousin whom I look at as a brother, begins to go through something horrible, that I desperately ask God for something that I can do to help him. I only hear Silence. "God did you hear me?" Silence. "God, I'm not asking anything for myself, I'm asking how I may comfort and help my friend, how I can show your love and peace to Him while he struggles through this. God?" Silence...wait, "Is that the answer? Is that what your telling me? A subtle peace in my heart. I can and should tell him those things, show Him where I find peace love and comfort, not preach to him, but as his brother as a friend whose heart hurts when his heart hurts. God can and will get you through this, He does love you, we are family and we are here for you. God had already shown me what to do, what I am going to do. To all of those out there like my friend that are hurt it hurting, God does love you, he hears your prayers, he really for care. And to my friends and family that have been praying and asking what we can do to help, get up and get out there and just try, God will move and empower you to say and do the right things for them, with them. Lead them to his arms where they can rest and have peace. I pray that this isn't taken as a sad post, but a challenging and encouraging one that leads all of us to continue to pray an act upon what God shows us in and through His word. Sorry I this was a long read. To my best friend and brother Brian, love you man, I already told you privately, but publicly I'm here for you, I'm praying for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment