Sunday, December 9, 2012

Don't go away, draw closer

Why do I at times say "Father forgive me for I know not what I do"?! I know what I've done! He knows it too, I'm not tricking Him, or making myself more humble by quoting some scripture out of context...why do I say it then? Moreover,why do I make a dumb choice, have a bad thought, or just blatantly sin, and in passing offer up a flippant scripture quote? It's like I'm so frustrated and disappointed in myself that I don't know what to say, so I say that in hopes that He hears His word...guess why? he knows what he said, and this may seem like a negative post but stay with me. Sin done or in a Christians life will make you feel like God doesn't love you, or that he won't hear your prayers, we've all thought that, but if you are his child and he knows you, then truly repent from your heart, ask for help, guidance, strength to get to the root of the sin, does He want to help you? Can he help you? Will you let him help you? Yes. Don't let yourself be drawn away and think, worse yet believe that you can't come to him. That fact is even on your best day you and I aren't perfect, that's why we need him all the more to never leave us, which he won't if you're his child, he won't forsake you, never ever...but will walk away from him? I pray you don't! We all have struggles and troubles, trials and tribulations, He is still God, and He is still will and able to help you through them to get back to Him. Sorry this was so long, I hope it encourages someone, anyone to come to your fathers loving arms of forgiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment