Sunday, October 7, 2012

I can't love money, or be jealous of those who have it

"He who loves money will not be satisfied with money, nor he who loves wealth with his income; this also is vanity." I have known the rich, I have befriended the poor, and at sometime I have been both. Both looked up to, and looked down upon, but it was not until I viewed myself as rich (in God love , grace, and mercy) that I no longer was concerned about my status. Conversely it was again not until I viewed myself as poor (I didn't need or have the material things I thought I did) that I was no longer jealous in heart. Contentment, the true secret to happiness. When you work today, work not for the money or stays but rather as unto The Lord giving Him thanks, glory, and honor. Learn to be content, but learn to love God above all else. I pray you have a great day, but whether good or bad, rich or poor, let God be your strength and comfort...content in your position and status as a child if God.

No comments:

Post a Comment