Sunday, October 21, 2012

Prayer is crucial, vital even

Leonard Ravenhill says"Your prayer life denotes how much you depend on your own ability, and how much you really believe in your heart when you sing, "Nothing in my hands I bring, simply to Thy cross I cling...." The more self- confidence you have, the less you pray. The less self-confidence you have, the more you have to pray." How powerful is that?! Talk about truth cutting to the heart! I don't know about you but as painful as that was to admit about myself, it also almost seemed to supercharge me...I pray it does the same to you. Prayer is crucial, nay, vital to the life of a Christian, of a man or woman of God. It began with prayer leading to salvation, then continues on, it must continue on, in humble expectation of our assured salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment