Sunday, October 7, 2012

The car and faith

This may be a slight stretch, but faith is knowing something is wrong with your car, I mean you see all the warning signs, and you may or may not know what happened or if you know you did it,( which you probably did) something is wrong and you know you are going to need help so you take it to a mechanic and here is where the faith part comes in. Let me start by saying I could take my car to my very own father and odds are I will automatically be suspicious of what he will tell me is wrong. Then I take it to a certified expert, and instead of being comforted, no, I get even more suspicious of what's going to be said... Ahhhh, but while I'm waiting, hoping, I begin to pray, to put my trust in God, and not solely the mechanics, and peace comes....life is like that too. Go back and now picture yourself as the car if you will...can you see all the metaphors and analogies that could be drawn from that. The point being that your life at times will be difficult and you may be on the verge of breaking down, but glory to God their others out here to help you, and even in your trial and tribulation you can and should draw closer to God...your family is praying for you, with you, and while we can't always be there, God is and he can give you a peace that surpasses the problems fears.

No comments:

Post a Comment