Sunday, October 7, 2012

Pray without ceasing

Pray without ceasing. Asked of us in scripture there must be a reason! Why would we be asked to do something akin to breathing? Could it be that as important as breathing is to our physical being, praying is just as vital to our spiritual well being? I believe so. Prayer should not only be a one time "Help me father!" type of occasion, although there will be times when that's all that can be uttered and is needed. But for the vast majority of the time I find that we are asked, commanded even to stay in constant fellowship with our Father...so the question then becomes not "did you pray today?" But "are you continuing to pray all day long?" I ask that you also encourage me with this question, as I am now encouraging you. Remember this is not insulting if you haven't been, but a gentle loving pleading back to righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment