Sunday, October 28, 2012

The "gift" or the "gift giver"?

I spent time this morning praying and looking for a passage of scripture, a biblical quote, something, anything that would inspire and lead others to the feet of Christ, and it was in this searching that The Lord so gently reminded me, if I am not seeking Him, if I am only seeking something from Him, I have missed "it". That hit me hard. He wants you and I to desire Him, hold on to Him, not just...
His "gifts". "Don't love gift, but love the gift giver". If you were to ask me "are you saying that we shouldn't ask, pray, believe or receive gifts from Him then?" Of course not! My question for myself and others, are simply; "Are you searching for more of Him, or the gifts from Him?" "Do you want the gifts, and just some of Him?" "What is it that your heart truly longs for?". That is why it has taken me this long to update this morning, I had to pray, ask forgiveness, to chose to seek Him and love Him above all else...even if I don't find the perfect quote or scripture for what you are going through. I want you to find Him, then the scripture will be there. I hope and pray that this does help you, but in such a way that you are drawn closer to Him, not just what He can do...that's loving God.

No comments:

Post a Comment