Thursday, March 14, 2013

Religion or Relationship

As you get ready for church this morning, remember that you are the church. Your body is the temple of The Lord, God made for God to display.

We meet with others at a building for a short time for fellowship, but as soon as you leave the building you are still the church. I still go back to my favorite question that someone asked me,"where do you go to church?" See they knew something was dif...ferent about me, how I spoke, and acted and they were really wondering what place, person, or thing had influenced me to such a degree. "I am a Christian". I know it wasn't the answer that they had hoped for but it gave me the opportunity to share that it was my relationship with God, not my denominational affiliation that had changed me so. Should you go to "church"?Yes! Does it matter what denomination ? Yes, they must teach the truth and the full counsel of God, but the only way you'll know if they are biblically sound is to read, study, pray, and converse with God for yourself. It doesn't say in the bible that one denomination I going to "get in" or not, no it says He will either say "yes I know you", or "no, I never knew you". Please keep that in mind as you "go to church" today, you are the church, you are a Christian, not a denomination.

No comments:

Post a Comment