Thursday, March 14, 2013

We are family

Cameron and I went to half price books and while we were there we met a man working there with whom I struck up an awesome conversation. While helping me look for a book by John Owen, he surprisingly said that he had been a pastor and now worked as an associate pastor in prosper. Needless to say I was highly interested in what he recommended and what he thought about church in general, and guess ...what? He said that in his honest opinion the church as a whole lacked discernment. Now at first glance that may seem like an insult but it is more of an observation of what is needed. He agreed that the "church" is the people, not the building or denomination, and with that he, like me, an hopefully you still reading, are constantly looking for truth, and also need to test it(discernment) So I said all that to get to this, it is wonderful to meet someone whom you immediately have a bond and can share openly and honestly about the word of God. I left encouraged, smiling, happy even knowing that I had just had a great conversation with a brother. "We are family, I got all my brothers, sisters and me".

No comments:

Post a Comment