Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A basic logical explaination for what I believe

I  apologize before hand, this may be the longest one yet.

Is there good and evil in this world? Yes. Then we can look at how and why we determine cretin things in such a way. I believe God has set a standard upon which I refer to His judgment of things whether they are good or bad. I have a basics for what I believe. I find it interesting that people will deny God, deny His standards and yet when they are questioned about how they can judge things as good or bad, they can not give good solid ground upon which they stand. I have had many great discussions about this, so I don't take offense at anyone comments, and hope everyone else is doing the same.

I have heard so many people say "don't judge me" or even "only God can judge", and my answer is "true, but I am only telling you of what He has already judged". I myself am not the judge I know this. But let's say for instance we talk about something as "bad" as punching a baby (I'm trying to keep it a little light) we would hope that everyone would say it was wrong? Silly, but yes of course. The question is now presented: who judged that action as wrong, bad, evil, and how? I would say the bible tells me so, because men inspired by God, wrote down and conveyed that innocent life is to be cherished. Someone that doesn't believe in God is now presented with a stumbling block if you will. Is it wrong? Yes. How do you know, where did your standard come from? Where can they start? With people, the past cultures that have set up government, laws, etc. Who then gave those People the right to say what is good or bad? What authority do they stand on that makes their judgement or belief stronger or better than the one "punching babies"? Well maybe then they say, "it does not feel right, to know that a baby is getting hurt". Hmmm, how can one scientifically prove feelings without going back to fact that they are tied to either what you have learned, or that there was a point and time upon which those feelings where "imprinted" into our DNA. The former only brings us back to people again setting a standard, while the latter leads one to the question "who imprinted this upon our hearts and soul"?

I am only trying to say that whatever you believe, even I it doesn't agree with me, we can intelligently debate, discuss and search out the truth, but please don't stop looking if you are not sure. God is real, God contrary to what some believe, is not wishful thinking, a dreamt up concoction, etc...we can and should use our abilities to search Him out, if you do, if you will, you will find Him.

Friends I would ask that you are not upset with me for my posts, but if you are so be it, more than being "liked" I want you to know that YOU are loved, even when everything seems bad, bad to you, evil from others, there is Hope, my hope is in God.

No comments:

Post a Comment