Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Psalm 119-cling to GOD

As I read Psalms 119, I was unsure what exactly I was looking for, a quote, a topic, how a verse might relate to my life so that I could think about it and be encourage all day, but at the end of reading it, and only at the end, did I find what I was looking for. This may sound odd, but what I discovered, and I hope you also can relate to, was I found what I believe is the heart, the position in which David was crying out as he wrote it. He had already been through so much in His life and yet He knew that there were even more struggles he may have to endure, but the good news is that he clung to God, he knew he had no other choice. He went straight to God in prayer and praise. He cried out for help, he confessed his own weakness, blessed and honored Gods name, he poured out his heart and vowed to continue on with God no matter what. After reading all of this, I had to pray again, I had already prayed, to praise again, to pour out my heart as David did. I too need to cling to God, not my own strength or power, but to God and God alone. I pray that you do the same, what ever you may be going through, come to God, cling to Him, don't let go, whatever has happened, is happening, or might happen, whether good or bad, hold on to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment