Monday, September 17, 2012

Loving your neighbor as yourself, it is possible

Warning!: long post ahead I think I see why the second commandment was to love your neighbor as yourself...this is in no way an all inclusive explanation but rather a brief observation. Here is a fraction of what I gather; we are for the most part prone to preserve ourself, our lives. We have the natural instinct to try to survive by all costs. But what are the costs? What would it cost you or others? If I love my neighbors as myself I will do everything in my power to help them, as I would help myself. I would do everything to protect them from the evils that they may encounter, just as I would do myself. I would pray for them, as for myself. And I would love them in words and kind actions, as I should be doing for myself. So the question then may be, "who is my neighbor?". I cannot answer that specifically, only that no matter whom you are around, talking to, etc, you can and more than likely should consider them your neighbor. I am not saying that it would be easy, but God doesn't say it would be easy, rather that they burden you are given He would give you strength to care out. So don't in your own power try to be nice to someone, instead pray and ask God to give you the strength to love them as you love yourself...and if you don't love yourself, I would ask why? If His spirit is in you, then you have something more than beautiful inside you that you can love...after all that I actually am going to to ask that those of you that read this, are my friends and family if you would pray for me, with me, that I too might have the strength to love those that I am struggling to love...ps its not my wife! I love you baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment