Sunday, September 23, 2012

Here ducky, ducky

Not to long ago my wife and I took the girls to a park to see the ducks, and to my amusement I came away from that experience thinking how I feel like them sometimes. If you have ever seen them swim, you can see their little feet just flying underwater, but they hardly seem to get anywhere. Anyone else feel like that? In fact sometimes I feel like I'm trying SO hard, and I know I haven't moved an inch, metaphorically speaking. Or worse yet there's times when I once again feel like I've been trying super hard, and I'm actually going backwards! How is that even possible? But...and there's always a "but", lately I have been realizing more and more, that my "progression" if you will, was always based on MY perspective, not a godly one. I kept looking for good things, or something to verify my "good works" or my "trying really, really hard"...and what God had to show me was that the progression, or growth should be in my faith in and towards Him. The "things" may feed my initial desires for satisfaction, but only He can completely satisfy. So with that being said, I may still work really hard, and all the a fire mentioned things may happen, but if I am working for Him and His glory, to get closer to Him, I can KNOW that I am progressing, even when I may not feel or see it. The just shall live by faith. So don't be discouraged today, grow closer, pray, read study and share...he has given you another day to rejoice and be glad in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment