Sunday, September 30, 2012

Learning to be content

Charles Spurgeon said "It is not how much we have, but how much we enjoy, that makes happiness.". Almost sounds like the definition of contentment. God gives us His wisdom through his word specifically on this in the bible, but how many of us can just enjoy what we have. I know I struggle with not coveting, and that's what it is, I can't sugar coat it, I wouldn't if I could. They used to calle...
d it keeping up with the Jones', only now several years later do I see what my parents were trying to teach me. Good news though there's hope for all of us, by the grace of God and what should be our ever growing love of Him, he will give us the strength to carry out His wisdom. Two things though, first you must read he word to know what He is saying, second we are to be obedient to it if we are ever going to experience the victories therein. I pray and hope this helps someone tonight, with what ever struggle you may be going through, don't lose hope, have faith, God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment