Tuesday, September 11, 2012

You are not a hypocrite when you sin

I'm not a hypocrite when I sin, when I mess up or even when I do something horribly wrong. How can this be? I have learned and shared with others that it is only when we try to hide it, cover it up, or blatantly deny it that we then become hypocrites and liars, and our sin, like a cancer eats away at our insides. Worse still if we let it grow, we become numb to it and are no longer ashamed of it, we begin to justify, and reason the lack of severity...but God, Gods grace, His love, His mercy...how great He is to forgive, to love. When we stumble, fall, mess up, make a mistake, commit the most heinous of sins, He is still God, He is still good, and He still loves you. Don't let yourself, take yourself away from Him, no matter where you have been or what you have done, ask yourself these questions; is He able? Is He willing? And finally, will you let Him? The first two despite what you may answer have in fact already been answered by Him, and the answer is "yes" to both...but the final one, that final question...will you let Him, can you humbly admit? can you push pride aside? can you come to Him in all your pain and hurt? My answer in the form of a question to you is, "why wouldn't you?". I pray you do, I hope and pray that you come to Him, pouring out your heart, let Him comfort you, I pray you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment