Sunday, September 23, 2012

Where are you running?

As I read the story of Jonah( you know the guy and the big fish) something struck me as very odd, yet very relatable. When God told him to do something, and jonah decided to run, where exactly was he going? I mean in the story it tells the city he was planning on going to, but did he really think that somehow he was going to hide and God wouldn't find him? I don't personally think think I've act...
ually ever tried to hide from God from getting on a boat and running away, but I most confess that many times I have said that I wish I could just runaway...runaway from what? from whom? Jonah was running from God had called him to do because he simply put, didn't agree, (I've been there) run away from whom? My family?! I love them! My friends! Love the them too, what about my enemies, yes, my enemies, my job, etc?! Wait a second, could God use me there?...uh...is he trying to use me there and I'm putting up a silly fight, a temper-tantrum if you will...argh...God please forgive me for thinking that I could run, I know in doing so I would be missing out on the life you have called me to, and the one you have saved me from. I hope those of you who read this are encouraged today, not just because it's Friday, but because it's Gods given day to you, it really is, take advantage of his grace,peace, love and mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment