Tuesday, September 4, 2012

My apology, and plead to pray biblically

I don't want this to seem like an attack this early in morning, but there may be no other way to interpret it and for that I apologize. I have heard, read, and seen personally a plethora of things taught; how to get gods blessings, have the best day ever, etc. but so little on actually growing in godliness and holiness, so much so that it literally hurts my heart. I am not saying that those things are bad to ask for, even pray for, but where do fin those things being prayed for in the bible? Sometimes they were a result of praying for strength to endure, for mercy on a people, but even then it is only sometimes. I know that may sound discouraging, but the real question is what are we supposed to be living? Pray about it, test it, see if its right. Do I pray you and I have a great day? Of course, but I find biblically that I should be praying even more for his will to be done, his life to be shown through me, and for me to rest in Him. I hope you can see what I am trying to convey. Pray for the strength today, for Him to be exalted, glorified in your work, at your job, with your emotions, for your emotions, and pray for ways to show His love to others, let Him show you what to pray for, than let His power in and through you accomplish His will. I hope you are encouraged and keep growing in godliness and holiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment