Sunday, September 23, 2012

What's worse than death?

I do not like death, but worse than death is time right before it. Whether it be quick and unexpected, or long and drawn out, the "what is happening?" before death is what seems to bother me most. I do not fear death because I have hope of where I will be afterwards, but in those crucial moments right before, does my wife know how much I really loved her? are my kids alright? Was I a good father? A good friend to others? And then I also ponder that for my family and friends. Were they afraid of death? Did they look to God and have hope? Or and I would like to think this highly unlikely, did they think of the money, the cars, the clothes, the prestige? Yes I just recently lost a loved one, and another is extremely sick, but it is not death that I fear for them, it is have they truly lived. I know this may seem a little dramatic, but it is and will be a serious thing for all to consider. I pray that you live not for things, but for those things which money can not buy. God does love you an he had surrounded you with people to share that with, and in doing do lead them closer to Him, so that they too may have hope... Jumbled as this may be, I do believe that God is moving in your heart, do not let the things that are truly precious pass you by for a fleeting comfort, or a moment or anger and pain. Be encouraged, celebrate His goodness, enjoy your night and life in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment