Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Test everything you hear or read taught to you

I feel lead to update a little earlier in the evening, in hopes you may have more time to "test", study to see if what I have been posting is true to scripture. I pray that you do test EVERYTHING, no matter how bad or how good it may seem, test it against the word. With that being said I only actually have a small quote, but extremely potent in its potential impact. " Men can do many good things and yet not be holy in heart and righteous in conduct...they lack the spiritual quality of the heart called holiness". We all love gifts, and so many people, myself pray for gifts, blessings, etc, but who prays for holiness, to grow in holiness, to stop doing what is opposite of Godly holiness? We are called to be holy, but who preaches, teaches, and leads by example a life of growth in holiness? I am not ashamed of the gospel and my growth in it, I have not yet attained perfection, but I still strive to emulate the one who is...I pray this both convicts an encourages, only His word can do both, and work for good

No comments:

Post a Comment